Sunday, August 4, 2013

A gypsy soul







The beach has been so beautiful on these clear sunny winter days
I have to remind myself to make the most of them and enjoy doing things like floating beach flowers in the empty ocean pool,just to watch them make petal shaped shadows in the sun kissed water  below.
Something  you could never do in the heat of summer when the pool is full of busy swimmers and families enjoying the sunshine🌞


These seaside daisies really look like they have been handpainted by fairies with watercolours and lots of love❤


And the way the sandstone has been carved by the water to form magical honeycomb castles with golden sand floors,winter beach discoveries are magical indeed!





Blue stone love that's what I'm about
Nothing gets my heart beating faster  than all the blue stones❤
The aqua blue of turquoise really warms my heart,and the icy coolness of aquamarine and sapphires feel refreshing against your skin..


These are my favourites right now,
From l-r,
my  vintage aquamarine wedding ring surrounded by diamonds,
baguette cut blue topaz,
ippolita constellation ring in silver and turquoise and ippolita's sphere shaped dome ring In hand beaten silver and blue topaz




Pony gold's sketchbook inspiration led to some more watercolour painting experimentation on my behalf

I'd love to develop a t shirt design incorporating the word "free spirit" and this is one prototype that I have in mind for the background image,
my handpainted prancing pony

What to wear..
The weather had been so sporadic lately,
I'm continuing to fight off the chilly days with the sunniest clothes I can find,such as my delicious pink and aqua silk sari dress worn layered over a vintage slip dress,throw a leather jacket over the top and your good to go!

And my fluro pink ice watch  and vintage turquoise cuff match perfectly!!


Vintage turquoise jewellery is a real weak spot for me,particularly  pieces as beautiful as this...


Have you discovered any artists that really make your heart sing???

This is it for me,Luke Taffe is his name and I am so in love with his Japanese ink woodblock style and  the rainbow hued colours exploding off his work..

Luke works full time for Roxy in California in their art department,
but in his spare time he paints primarily on wood and sends his pieces back to the Retrospect  gallery in Byron bay and the Gold Coast,where I discovered him a few years back


Some examples of Luke's amazing work.,


All his work usually has an ocean or mountain theme reflecting Luke's love of the natural elements 




And finally my statement of the week,


Until next time
Love and rainbows,
Gypsygirl x










No comments: