Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Double denim kinda Day


It was such a windy,wet day that I decided the best thing to do is dress for comfort  in my favourite double denim combo
A soft washed denim shirt and über old frayed denim skirt(who ever thought the 90's would be back with such a force)


To put a spring in my step,I paired them with my favourite silver Michael Jackson wedge sneakers!!!they make me feel like dancing!!!



Warm and cozy,I settled into some idea sketches and worked on some of my bohemian gypsy vests for adults,I have quite the collection building


I'm really inspired by feathers at the moment,and have been hand cutting soft leather feathers to attach to my vests and belts,love these handpainted ones here,very inspiring!!!




I initially made the vests to compliment my doily lace skirts,however they have started to come into their own and I'm really enjoying working with all the different mediums,
Leather,crochet,embellishing and hand painting to make each one unique and special


A raspberry suede vest with crochet edge and leather feathers in various shades of reds


And a candy shearling cropped vest with rainbow embroidery and cowrie shell embellishment


This is just a taste,I will do some pretty photos when I have a few more completed,

Love and rainbows,
Gypsygirlstyle x


















No comments: