Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas craftiness


Such a busy time of year with concerts,Christmas preparations and impromptu sunset cocktail parties creates the need for unexpected gifts for guests,or thankyou presents to gracious hosts, and it's great to have done things on hand ready to go,beyond the usual bottle of bubbly
My silk and paper flower hair clips are an easy solution for the girls,everyone loves to wear flowers in their hair🌸



Attached to pretty cards I made from photos of vintage doilies,they are ready to adorn their new owner
Nevada asked me to make her a flower crown too,easy done...love my glue gun!



Sadly cooking is not my friend,
we struggle most days to compromise but I rarely win,so sweet treats are not a likely favour!

I also love to make these for the little girls in my life!Lots of hair clip holders ready for those pretty clips.



 This year I've been making lots of paper craft flowers and patakis(Portuguese paper chandelier)and we are actually having one for our Christmas tree in our holiday cabin!




Recently I was able to go to Hudson's Kindy for the day and make a pataki with all the kids,
I love ❤️4 year olds,they are fun,clever and very honest!!
We made a Christmas one for their end of year concert,
I loved using all the different straws and the kids colour choices for the flowers were so inspiring,and we added some bells for extra magic✨




Sadly I didn't manage to get a photo with the kids as I was so busy teaching them,the few progress shots were taken during morning tea time.


It was a lovely thing to do,
I think I enjoyed myself even more than the kids
So nice to do nothing but chatter to little folk and craft away for a few hours on a sunny day


Does Christmas bring out the craftiness in you?
Love and rainbows,
Gypsygirl x

No comments: