Thursday, October 24, 2013

Gypsy doily skirts hanging pretty

Finally,
I had a chance today to photograph some of my doily gypsy skirts just hanging prettily on some candy coloured crochet hangers in the bush


I wanted to capture them with the sunlight shining through the crochet lace
Casting pretty shadows on the ground
Oh well, Not quite,it was actually very windy today,
making it tough to play too much with light and angles 
so I just hung the skirts where I could find a branch,
tried to face the light,made a secret wish to the the fairies,
aimed and shot.
(I figured I was in the perfect place for a wish to be granted,flannel flower fairy forest was very close by)






     
    

To my delight
Some of the shots  actually came out kind of magical
Especially when the sun shone through the skirts at just the right angle
Thankyou fairies❤️



 Making these skirts is like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle
Matching dyed laces and trims to make a long mermaid skirt and then adding crochet doilies and flowers randomly as embellishments,
And then hand crocheting a soft drawstring yoke for the waistband
they are definantly a labour of love.

      

I fall in love with each and every one of them and find it hard to part with them,
however,I'm happy if they go to someone who loves them as much as me


They look great over a cossie or little shorts,and in winter I wear mine over leggings,or you could wear them with a longer tunic over the top if you wish


I love making these skirts and really feel like they represent me perfectly,
if I were an item of clothing this is exactly what I'd be;
A mix of soft rainbow colours and feminine lace
I hope you like my gypsy doily skirts too


Love and rainbows,
Gypsygirl x





No comments: